Job Title: Shed Builder/Framer
Reports To: Builder/Framer -Shop Foreman
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Responsible for reading build orders and selecting, measuring and cutting lumber and assembling floors, walls, and roofs, for our custom-made sheds, garages, and barns.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Read build orders, measure and cut lumber or plywood needed for building structures while meeting daily work performance goals.*
2. Ensure that building structures meet build orders specifications and are constructed error-free.*
3. Cut and shape materials, joining them with nails, screws, bolts or glue.*
4. Assemble subfloors, wall sections, trusses, doors, or any other fabricating associated with the construction.*
5. Operate a forklift to pull order materials and move/drag buildings into place.*
6. Hang doors & windows, and install sheeting on roof.*
7. Assist with inventory and verify computations against physical count of stock.*
8. Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attends periodic safety meetings as required; may recommend changes to improve safety procedures.*
9. Maintains a clean work environment including keeping machinery and equipment free of debris.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
No degree required
Certificates and Licenses:
• Must have the ability to become forklift certified.
• Table saw, chop saw, saws all, circular saw, router, nail guns
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
• Ability to operate air compressors, air tools, hammer, saw, drill, and other basic power tools.
• Manufacturing or warehouse production knowledge is a plus.
• Excellent attention to detail with ability to be proactive and operate with a sense of urgency.
• Must work in a team environment with a positive attitude.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move 50-100 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, work in high, precarious places, outdoor weather conditions, vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
We are one team serving our customers
We strive for continuous improvement
We are committed, work hard and are driven
We do the right thing, act respectfully with honesty and integrity